Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FOR US?

When you're doin life, do you ever wonder is God really for me? Is He on my side? Is somebody rooting for me, saying "Go, Go, you can do it , I'm on your side!" I love to see people root for others, we love to see them succeed at their dreams, goals and aspirations. I read something the other day in Psalms 124:1 "If the Lord had not been on our side....." then it went on to list what could have happened. It really challenged me, am I really convinced that God is for me? I think so many times if we look at our circumstances and they have the outcome we want, then one can conclude that "Yes He Is" but wait...does that mean that if the promotion didn't come or the relationship didn't work out or I got breast cancer that God isn't rooting for me? Or if I failed at......or was hurt when..... We try to picture God on our side then? I have been reminded again of Jesus words in John 13:7 before he went to the cross , "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." In this family picture we're "doin life", circumstances will go up and down as we follow the path He has for us, but I am wholeheartedly convinced that HE IS FOR US, including YOU...... PK

5 comments:

  1. welcome to blog-land!
    I am friends with becky!
    can't wait to see more posts!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came via Becky too :) You shared things I needed to be reminded of today - thanks. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for more blogging friends! So glad Becky got you all doing this!! Looking forward to reading more!
    Jamie Olson

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad "blogland" will get to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah PK, you have so much to offer in the way of encouraging others please keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete