Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trust or Not?

My daughter Brittney is a senior in high school, at the beginning of the school year I said to her, "Brittney , have you been praying about your plans and what you want to do when you graduate?" To which she replied "No, I really don't want God to tell me what to do". "And I don't want God to tell you and Dad what I should do either". I chuckled for a minute, because it reminded me of myself when I was a teen, when I had something in my mind I wanted to do, I didn't want to ask my Dad, because I thought he would say no, or think my request was outrageous. As I talked with Brittney , I began to realize that she was afraid God would not approve of her request and desire, you see she wanted to go to Kansas City Art Institute and work in the Fashion Industry. But because I am in the field of Ministry and so is her older sister, she must have assumed that God would only be pleased if thats what she did. I reminded Brittney that God is the one who gave her the gifts and talents she has, and that those desires to "create" come from Him. As long as she lives her life for Him, she can trust Him to direct it. Several Months went by, Brittney submitted a project to win a national contest called "Passion For Fashion" and one day after school, they called and said, "You have won"! Brittney won an $86,000 full ride scholarship and a trip to New York, going to Fashion Week and Seventeen Magazine. We received the check in Time Square with another winner, I said to Brittney, " Do you think that this was a gift from God?" And she replied" Yes". I believe God will go to all lengths to build faith in His people, that we can trust Him with our past, present, and future. "For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." Jeremiah 29:11-12 I LOVE IT !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that God works this way! Such an encouraging post friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blessing for your family - and especially your daughter! I love your writing :))

    ReplyDelete